Is GadgetGone Legit? An Honest Review From an Industry Expert: Compare Customer Feedback, Prices, Service Pros & Cons
The Bottom Line
GadgetGone is an excellent choice to trade in old devices because it accepts various gadgets, including used iPhones, other Apple Products, old Samsung units, and many more. Moreover, they offer higher payouts compared to other buyback sites.
Another advantage is their convenience because there’s no need to log in to an account before selling to them. However, it’s important to note that they don’t offer check payments, so it’s crucial to have either a PayPal account or a bank account for direct deposit if you want to get paid in cash.
Buyback & Trade-in Market Expert Since 2009
We’ve worked in the buyback/trade-in business since 2009. Our editorial team gives a 100% independent and impartial review from the consumer and our expert experience in our store reviews.
Our research provides you with an honest look on:
Customer rating: We analyze online feedback to give you an overview of the store’s benefits and drawbacks from REAL customers’ perspective:
- Positive vs. negative feedback: What proportion of their reviews on independent third-party platforms are good or bad?
- Pros & cons: Provide real reasons why people like you liked or disliked the service.
- Expert opinion: Discover how to work around potential seller issues and get the most out of your trade-in.
Prices quoted: Our research offers an impartial comparison of quotes by comparing the market, so you see if you’re getting the best deal or a low-ball offer.
- Price checks: We research and check prices on the top 30% of devices sold.
- Price ranking: Compare 40 buyback or trade-in options and see who will offer the best price.
- Store vs. alternatives: What other options are available based on quotes, payment, features, and reviews?
Service offered: Discover what this store offers compared to the benefits and drawbacks of what else is available in the market so that you can choose wisely.
- How it works: Get the process explained in plain English, from quote to payment.
- Payment & shipping options: Discover what they offer and how it compares.
- Device condition: What conditions devices do they accept and the rules behind it where people slip up and get paid less?
2-Minute GadgetGone Review Overview
Expert Opinion: What to Expect Selling With GadgetGone
Imagine the frustration of trying to sell your used or old iPhone or Android device without knowing the best avenue to take. You want to get a fair price while also receiving great service from the platform you decide to sell to. That’s why exploring reliable options to meet your needs and expectations is crucial.
One of your options when planning to sell to a buyback store is Gadget Gone. Ash Turner, BankMyCell’s Senior Staff Writer and Tech Enthusiast, thoroughly analyzed its services to provide an in-depth review of the platform’s prices, features, and overall service quality.
PROS: What We Liked!
User-friendly Site: The website features a simple and intuitive interface, making it accessible for individuals who are not tech-savvy and may feel overwhelmed by complex web pages.
Straightforward process: We like that you can obtain a quote without needing to create an account beforehand, unlike other platforms that require logging in before initiating the trade-in process.
Various payment methods: They offer a wide range of payment methods, including direct deposit, PayPal, and gift cards. This ensures that you can choose a payment method that suits your preferences, eliminating any potential inconvenience in the payment process.
CONS: What We Disliked!
GadgetGone Trade-in Program Review
1. Consumer Feedback Overview
Customer Opinion: Is Selling on GadgetGone Legit?
What if I told you there’s a simple and practical way to get rid of your old device and make some money? It’s true! Instead of letting your used cell phones gather dust, you can sell them to a buyback store.
But here’s the real question: Which buyback store should you choose? GadgetGone is one option you can easily find through a quick Google search. Let’s delve into how consumers perceive the overall services provided by the store based on their positive and negative reviews.
We’ll also examine whether they offer more money than others and how convenient their service is, as these factors are crucial when selling a device.
Customer Review Rating Distribution
High payouts: Many sellers appreciated Gadget Gone for offering competitive quotes higher than those provided by its competitors, resulting in greater financial benefit for the sellers.
Free Shipping and Return: Numerous sellers expressed complete satisfaction with the store's provision of free shipping labels for sending their devices. This added convenience and eliminated the cost burden of shipping for the sellers.
Easy Selling Process: Positive reviews frequently mentioned the convenience and simplicity of selling devices through Gadget Gone. Sellers appreciated the user-friendly interface and straightforward steps involved in the trade-in process.
2. GadgetGone VS. Alternatives
Compare Trade-in Quotes, Ratings & Services
Although GadgetGone appears promising, it’s important to assess its performance compared to other buyback stores. Since your main objective is to maximize your earnings, we researched to determine users’ trust based on public feedback and the highest seller offers.
We also thoroughly evaluated the features offered by other websites. Consequently, we have compiled a list of alternatives considering the above mentioned factors.
4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot
- Highly rated Buyback Store with competitive pricing.
- Free shipping labels and returns.
- Wide range of devices accepted.
- Lots of payment options including Amazon Gift Cards.
- 14-day price lock guarantee.
- Slightly longer payment timeframe than other buyback stores.
5 out of 5 on Trustpilot
- 99% of the customers rated the store 5 stars.
- Fast payment – get paid within three days after the device is delivered.
- Hassle-free and a great experience when trading in phones.
- Excellent customer service.
- Limited products accepted.
4.4 out of 5 on Trustpilot
- Provides the highest up-front quotes.
- Ranked #1 for services offered:
- Pay by Direct Deposit, PayPal, Check, and many more.
- Shipping label and returns for FREE.
- A 30-day price lock feature.
- Wide range of devices accepted.
3. How Does GadgetGone Trade-in Work?
FAQs: Payment, Shipping, Conditions, and More
How Selling With GadgetGone Works
GET A QUOTE
- Click Get a Quote.
- Select the type of device.
- Select its brand and specific model.
- Fill out the details needed: Carrier, Storage, and Condition.
- After entering these details, the page will load to give you an Overview of your item.
- The overview includes the Carrier, Storage, Condition, and Quantity of the device/s.
- You’ll find Device Value at the bottom right section of the page. This represents the quote provided by the store for your device, whether in cash or as a gift card.
REGISTER YOUR SALE
- If you agree with the offer, Click Add to Cart.
- You will be directed to the Checkout page > Click the + sign if you’d like to add another device.
- If not, and you’re ready to sell > Click Checkout.
Note: You can apply a coupon code before checking out if you have one.
- Choose how you want to get paid (via Gift Card, PayPal, Virtual Visa Card, or Bank transfer).
- After choosing a mode of payment > Enter your contact information like your name, email address, phone, number, etc.
COMPLETE YOUR ORDER:
- The first box is optional, but the second must be ticked to complete the checkout process.
- Under Your Offer Details, tick the box beside‘I have read and agree to the website terms and conditions’ > Click Submit and Claim Offer.
SHIP YOUR DEVICE:
- After completing all the necessary steps, you will be directed to the Checkout page. Here, you will receive your order number and a mailing label that you can use to send your device. GadgetGone will provide information about the amount they owe you and other essential order details.
Service FAQs: Payment, Shipping, & Device Conditions
Check or eCheck
Shipping Kit Delivery
Selling your device to a buyback store like Gadget Gone can earn you the most money than other online sites. However, it’s important to know which devices the platform accepts.
Gadget Gone goes beyond an old iPhone or Samsung phone and accepts many other devices. Here is a list of items that you can sell to the platform and receive a fair price:
- 14-Day Price Lock Timescale: Gadget Gone’s offer will be locked in for 14 business days after checking out. It will remain valid if your package has been shipped by USPS in that time frame.
- 2-4 Day Payment Timescale: Gadget Gone states on their website that they will initiate payment on the same day they evaluate your phone. However, if you opt for a bank transfer as your payment method, anticipate a processing time of approximately 2-4 days before you receive your payment. Gadget Gone will send a confirmation email informing sellers that their payment is coming.
Gadget Gone offers various payment methods when you sell your old devices. However, it’s worth noting that they do not support payments via check, which might be preferred by some users.
- Direct Deposit & Virtual Visa Card: If you select any of these methods, they will be sent to your email for redemption without fees.
- PayPal: As a seller, it’s important to note that PayPal imposes a seller fee of 2.9% + $0.30 on your total payment, and GadgetGone doesn’t reimburse this fee.
- Amazon & PrizeOut Gift Card: PrizeOut has no associated fees, making it a convenient and cost-effective choice for customers.
GadgetGone does not provide a shipping kit for packaging your device or offer a collection service where a courier picks up your device from your home. However, once you have completed all the required steps on their website to sell your device, you can expect the following:
- Free Shipping Label: After completing the checkout process, Gadget Gone will provide you with a free USPS mailing label with a unique tracking number. This allows you to track your item while it is in transit. Additionally, Gadget Gone will notify you once it has reached their facility.
- Free Returns: If Gadget Gone evaluates your device and determines its condition does not align with the information you provided on their website, they may revise their initial quote. They will return your device for FREE if you decline their revised offer.
Gadget Gone accepts devices in good working condition. They have categorized them into four types, which will determine your final payment:
- Brand New: A new phone or device in perfect condition, still sealed in its original box, and includes all the original accessories. It should not have been activated, with no outstanding financial balances or blocking issues.
- Flawless: A fully functional device without any scratches or blemishes. It should have a clean ESN (Electronic Serial Number) and at least 80% battery health.
- Good: A fully functional device with minor scratches, a clean ESN, and 80% or higher battery health.
- Fair: This category includes fully functional devices with a clean ESN and 80% or higher battery health. However, unlike the previous categories, these devices may have deeper or more noticeable scratches, but they should not have any cracks.
GadgetGone accepts damaged items that meet the criteria below. However, it’s important to note that the store doesn’t accept devices in this category with specific activation issues, such as being account-locked, not turning on, or being reported as stolen or lost.
- Faulty: This category includes devices that can still power on but have cracks, LCD screen defects, and a faulty battery with a capacity below 80%.
You can consider Gadget Gone because they accept several types of devices and offer higher payouts than other buyback sites. Selling to them is also convenient, as no account login is required. However, they don’t provide check payments, so a PayPal or bank account is necessary if you prefer cash payment.