Gadget Traders Review
Is Gadget Traders Legit? An Honest Review From an Industry Expert: Compare Customer Feedback, Prices, Service Pros & Cons
The Bottom Line
Our team spent long hours reviewing the features and services offered by Gadget Traders and going through customer feedback to answer your possible questions about whether to sell with the store or not. Overall, Gadget Traders is a company that we recommend you can sell your phone or any tech to. They typically issue payment very quickly and buy many tech items with a free pre-paid shipping label.
While they might not be our first pick for top-dollar offers, they still offer very good value for your devices. They have many satisfied customers with competitive price offers and fast payments. They also buy a good range of devices, although they may not accept locked, financed, blacklisted, and broken devices that do not turn on. If you have a device that does not fall on their list, you may visit BankMyCell for alternative stores that provide secure and easy selling.
Buyback & Trade-in Market Expert Since 2009
We’ve worked in the buyback/trade-in business since 2009. Our editorial team gives a 100% independent and impartial review from the consumer and our expert experience in our store reviews.
Our research provides you with an honest look on:
Customer rating: We analyze online feedback to give you an overview of the store’s benefits and drawbacks from REAL customers’ perspective:
- Positive vs. negative feedback: What proportion of their reviews on independent third-party platforms are good or bad?
- Pros & cons: Provide real reasons why people like you liked or disliked the service.
- Expert opinion: Discover how to work around potential seller issues and get the most out of your trade-in.
Prices quoted: Our research offers an impartial comparison of quotes by comparing the market, so you see if you’re getting the best deal or a low-ball offer.
- Price checks: We research and check prices on the top 30% of devices sold.
- Price ranking: Compare 40 buyback or trade-in options and see who will offer the best price.
- Store vs. alternatives: What other options are available based on quotes, payment, features, and reviews?
Service offered: Discover what this store offers compared to the benefits and drawbacks of what else is available in the market so that you can choose wisely.
- How it works: Get the process explained in plain English, from quote to payment.
- Payment & shipping options: Discover what they offer and how it compares.
- Device condition: What conditions devices do they accept and the rules behind it where people slip up and get paid less?
2-Minute Gadget Traders Review Overview
Expert Opinion: What to Expect Selling With Gadget Traders
Do you want to know how Gadget Traders work? Ash Turner, Senior Staff Writer and Tech Enthusiast at BankMyCell, and his team conducted extensive Gadget Traders buyback reviews, including comparing it to other buyback stores, testing key features, examining customer feedback, checking the trade-in process, and many more to see its performance and provide a comprehensive guide for you.
You can use this review to decide whether or not Gadget Traders is the right pick for you or use it as a guide to ensure a smoother selling experience with the store.
PROS: What We Liked!
Offers better prices than most: Gadget Traders is included in the top 30 buyback stores providing the highest payout, particularly for iPhones. Most of the customers also commended the company for it.
Quick payment: You can receive your cash within two days only if you choose PayPal as your preferred payment option.
Buys a broader range of electronics: Gadget Traders purchase a lot of electronics, from Apple products and tablets to GoPro, drones, and consoles, allowing you to sell many old devices for extra money.
CONS: What We Disliked!
Gadget Traders Trade-in Program Review
1. Consumer Feedback Overview
Customer Opinion: Is Selling on Gadget Traders Legit?
Are you scouring through Gadget Traders reviews to get a feel of customer experience when selling a phone with them? While it may be wise to search and read through Gadget Traders trade-in reviews to see what others have to say, it can be excruciatingly time-consuming since there are a lot of them to read.
To save you precious time, we spent significant time reviewing customers’ reviews in Gadget Traders’ Trustpilot and condensed them all in this guide.
Customer Review Rating Distribution
Fast payment: Most customers receive their money within five days.
Better trade-in value: Most customers are satisfied with the prices Gadget Traders offers for their devices. They claimed that they provided the best price compared to other companies.
FREE shipping label: Most customers like this complimentary as they can send their used phones or devices without charge.
2. Gadget Traders VS. Alternatives
Compare Trade-in Quotes, Ratings & Services
We compared Gadget Traders to other buyback stores in terms of price ratings, customer services, payment methods and timescales, complimentary shipping, and many more to give you alternative options.
4.7 out of 5 on Trustpilot
- The store received five-star ratings from 82% of customers.
- Quick payment using PayPal.
- FREE shipping and returns.
- Allows your initial offer to be valid for 14 days (average timeframe)
- Large range of devices and gadgets accepted.
5 out of 5 on Trustpilot
- 99% of the customers rated the store 5 stars.
- Fast payment – get paid within three days after the device is delivered.
- Hassle-free and a great experience when trading in phones.
- Excellent customer service.
- Limited products accepted.
4.4 out of 5 on Trustpilot
- Provides the highest up-front quotes.
- Ranked #1 for services offered:
- Pay by Direct Deposit, PayPal, Check, and many more.
- Shipping label and returns for FREE.
- A 30-day price lock feature.
- Wide range of devices accepted.
3. How Does Gadget Traders Trade-in Work?
FAQs: Payment, Shipping, Conditions, and More
How Selling With Gadget Traders Works
Check the Initial Price of Your Device(s)
- Visit the Gadget Traders website.
- Select Get Your Cash or Sell at the main menu.
- Choose Cell Phone or any device you want to sell.
- Select the model you have.
- Give accurate information about your device – carrier, storage capacity, and condition.
- Review the trade-in summary.
- Select Sell Now to proceed.
Complete the Trade-in Process
- Fill in shipping details for your FREE pre-paid USPS label.
- Select your payment option – PayPal and Check.
- Enter the promo code if you have any.
- Read the terms and conditions before ticking the checkbox.
- Select Sell My Device(s) to proceed.
Ship Your Device(s)
- Print your label by clicking Print My Label. You can always reaccess it in your email when you’re ready. If you do not have a printer, you can print the label at a local library, UPS, or FedEx location.
- Follow the directions on the label.
- Drop off your package at the nearest USPS location and get the receipt.
Service FAQs: Payment, Shipping, & Device Conditions
Check or eCheck
FREE Shipping Label
Shipping Kit Delivery
Gadget Traders accepts a broad range of tech items as follows:
Apple MacBooks / Macs
The payment timeframes depend on your preferred option. But it usually takes 1 to 10 business days.
- 14 Days Price Lock Timescale: The initial offer of your device(s) is valid for 14 days after your order. It gives you more time to prepare and send your device(s) to Gadget Traders.
- 1-10 Days Payment Timescale: You can receive your money quickly via PayPal. It only takes 1 to 2 business days but comes with a 3% processing fee. Meanwhile, Checks take 7 to 10 business days via mail.
Gadget Traders pays cash via two payment methods – PayPal and Check. Expect to receive the money after the company receives and evaluates your device(s).
- PayPal: Put the email you used in PayPal on the shipping form. It usually takes 1 to 2 business days to reflect in your account, but they charge a 3% processing fee. So expect to receive less money than the initial offer.
- Check: You will receive the check within 7 to 10 business days via mail.
Note: Orders over $2500 will be issued a check only.
After placing your order and preparing your device(s) for sending, print your shipping label and drop it off at the USPS near you. You can print the label at a local library, UPS, or FedEx location if you do not have a printer.
Gadget Traders also provides the following for free:
- FREE Shipping Label: The company offers a FREE shipping label so you can send the device(s) without fees.
- FREE Returns: If you change your mind and want to obtain your device(s) back, Gadget Traders can ship them back to you for free.
- Like New
- Perfect condition
- Out of the box
- For iPhones, the battery health must be greater than 90%
- Good Condition
- Average wear and tear from regular use
- Fully functional
- No liquid damage
- iPhones must have battery health of at least 85%.
- Moderate to severe wear
- Excessive scratching, major dents, or minor housing damage
- Slightly bent frame
- iPhones have a battery health of less than 84%.
Not all stores accept faulty devices. Lucky for you, Gadget Traders does it for a decent price. They divided it into two categories:
- Minor Damage
Your device must have only one of the following. Otherwise, it will fall into the Damaged category.
- Cracked screen without dead pixels or dark spots but with a touch response
- Cracked camera
- Faulty buttons or ports
If your device ticks off multiple issues in the Minor Damage category, it will be considered damaged along with the following:
- Water damage
- Bent or dented housing
- Cracked LCD with no display
We recommend Gadget Traders for selling your phone or any other technology for better value than most stores. They pay quickly and purchase many tech items with a free pre-paid shipping label. A drawback is that they do not accept locked, financed, blacklisted, or broken devices that do not turn on. If you have a device that may not fall on their list of accepted items, you may go to BankMyCell to search for alternative stores where you can sell it quickly.