Snapchat Users: How Many People Use Snapchat (Sep 2023)
Snapchat now has over 384.30 million daily active users all over the world in 2023, a 2.48% increase from 2022. By 2025, the number of daily active users is expected to exceed 450 million. India currently has the most Snapchat users, with 144.35 million users. Snapchat is the fifth most popular messaging app globally.
Snapchat remains one of the leading social media platforms globally.
Let’s delve into the most exciting facts about Snapchat–from how many people use Snapchat to which countries have the most users of the app and many more!
- Snapchat DAU: According to our estimates, there will be approximately 384 million Snapchat daily active users in 2023. Snapchat’s average daily active users are expected to grow by 18.22% from 2023 to 2025.
- Snapchat MAU: Estimates show roughly 493 million users are on Snapchat monthly. This figure is expected to increase by 7.79% in 2025, or the addition of around 40 million more users in a month on average.
- Snapchat Plus Subscribers: The Snapchat+ program has over two million paid subscribers in 2023.
- How Many American Snapchat Users Are There?: There are approximately 108 million total Snapchat users in the US. Around 67% of American internet users aged 18-29 in the country use the app.
- How Many Snaps in a Day: Around five billion snaps are created daily.
- Snapchat Demographics: Females comprise 51% of all Snapchat users worldwide, while males comprise only 48.20%. The app’s largest age group was those aged 18 to 24, accounting for 38.6% of the social media platform’s total audience.
Snapchat Daily Active Users (DAU)
How Many People Have Snapchat?
Based on our estimates, Snapchat’s daily active users will be around 384 million, representing nine million more people on the app, or a rise of 2.4% over 2022. Around 375 million people were using Snapchat in 2022.
How Many Users Are on Snapchat Annually (2014-2025)
Note: *Data is an estimate for end-of-year daily active users using linear regression, based on data from Statista.
Snapchat is expected to have 384 million daily active users by 2023, a 2.4% increase from last year. The app’s user base is expected to reach 454 million daily active users by 2025.
Based on Snapchat user statistics, the app’s user count began at 71 million in 2014 and quickly grew to over 100 million in a year. The app’s next 100 million mark, however, is going to take another four years. It reached over 200 million daily active users in 2019.
Snapchat User Growth
Snapchat’s users are expected to grow by 18.22% from 2023 to 2025, to a total of 419 million daily users. This translates to an increase of 70 million more daily active Snapchat users on average. Snapchat has 384 million users as of 2023, a 2.4% increase over the previous year.
Average Snaps Per Day
Snapchat statistics show that around five billion snaps are created daily. The app is a platform where users share snippets of their day with their Snapchat friends by posting photos and videos.
Snapchat Monthly Active Users (MAU) (2023)
Estimates show that the number of Snapchat users in a month as of 2023 is around 493 million, an increase of 6% from last year or an additional 28 million users. There are approximately 100 million Snapchat users in the United States and Canada.
Number of Snapchat Active Users in a Month (2018-2025)
The number of Snapchat users as of 2023 is around 492.70 million, an increase of 6% or 27.9 million more users than last year. Snapchat’s user count is projected to reach more than 531 million by 2025.
Snapchat Growth in Monthly Active Users (MAU)
From 492.70 million in 2023, the number of Snapchat users in a month is expected to increase by 4.16% in 2024 and 7.79% in 2025. This roughly translates to 20 to 40 million more monthly users in the next two years.
Number of Snapchat Plus Subscribers (2023)
According to Snapchat statistics, the Snapchat+ program has over two million paid subscribers in 2023. The app’s premium version costs $3.99 per month.
Snapchat+ was initially launched in June 2022 in countries such as Canada, France, Australia, Germany, the United States, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, and the United Arab Emirates to diversify Snapchat revenue.
Snapchat Demographics (2023)
Snapchat statistics show that females account for 51% of all Snapchat users worldwide, while males account for 48.20%. The largest age group among the Snapchat advertising audiences is aged 18 to 24, which makes up 38.6% of the population.
Snapchat User Age Demographics: What is Snapchat’s Largest Age Demographic?
Snapchat statistics show that as of 2023, the most dominant age group on the app was those aged 18 to 24, accounting for 38.6% of the app’s total audience. Individuals aged 25 to 34 come in second, accounting for 23.2% of Snapchat’s entire user base.
Around 19.9% of all Snapchat users were aged 13 to 17, and 14.0% were aged 35 to 49. Snapchat users aged 50 and up account for only 3.7% of the app’s total audience.
Snapchat User Distribution by Gender: What of the Snapchat Users are Female?
Snapchat usage statistics show that as of 2023, females were the largest Snapchat audience. Females account for 51% of the total user base, and males account for 48.20%
Snapchat User Demographics in the US
According to the Pew Research Center, Snapchat is more popular among younger people in the US, with 67% of American internet users aged 18-29 using the app in 2022. In contrast, 29% of American Snapchat users were between 30 and 49.
Which Country Has Most Snapchat Users?
India has the highest share of Snapchat users, with more than 144 million users. The United States follows with 108 million and France with around 25 million.
Also included in the list of top countries with the largest audience sizes are Pakistan, the United Kingdom, and Saudi Arabia, with 22.25 million, 21.35 million, and 20.45 million users, respectively.
Snapchat Users by Country
India has the most Snapchat users as of 2022, with over 144 million users. The United States comes second with 36 million fewer people users than India. France, Pakistan, and the United Kingdom are also in the top five, with 24.7 million, 22.25 million, and 21.35 million users, respectively.
- Snapchat has more than 15 million users in countries like Germany and Iraq.
- Canada and Nigeria each have 10.40 million Snapchat users. On the other hand, Algeria, Columbia, and the Netherlands each have 6 million users.
- The Philippines has 10.10 million Snapchat users, just 300,000 users behind Nigeria and Canada. However, it has 2.5 million more users than Brazil and 2.75 million more than Australia.
Who Has the Most Followers on Snapchat?
The most followed influencer on Snapchat is Kylie Jenner, with 37 million subscribers. Next on the list are her sisters Kim Kardashian with 27.2 million subscribers, and Khloe Kardashian with 16.8 million.
Most Popular Snapchat Accounts
Model Kylie Jenner has 37 million Snapchat followers and is the most followed influencer on the app. Her sisters, media personalities, are listed next, with Kim Kardashian having 27.2 million subscribers, Khloe Kardashian having 16.8 million, Kendall Jenner having 16.7 million, and Kourtney Kardashian having 15 million.
- With over 13 million subscribers, singers Selena Gomez, DJ Khaled, and Ariana Grande are also among the most followed personalities on the Snapchat app.
- Some Snapchat accounts of Spanish football clubs, such as Real Madrid CF and FC Barcelona, have over 2 million subscribers.
- Canadian celebrities are also on the list of most-followed people on Snapchat, including singer Shawn Mendes with 5 million subscribers, content creator King Bach with 1.82 million, and model Sunny Leone with 1.7 million.
There are currently around 384 million users on Snapchat daily. It ranked fourth in the top downloaded apps in 2022, with 330 million downloads. Social media users also spend 30 minutes on average using Snapchat. With 492.70 million monthly active users, the app ranks 10th among the most popular social media platforms worldwide.
How Many Downloads Does Snapchat Have?
Snapchat is one of the most downloaded apps in 2022, with 330 million downloads. It has 27 million fewer downloads than the video editing app CapCut but has 20 million more than the messaging app Telegram.