Best iPhone XR Used Price: How Much Is It Worth Now? (April 2021)
Compare Your iPhone XR Resale Values
- Not checking our value comparison tool before you commit could quickly lose you up to $74.
- If you’re upgrading or selling your used iPhone XR, there are way too many options – we help you choose.
- Find out where to get the most money from buyback websites, in-store trade-ins, carrier deals, and private marketplaces.
You might be interested in discovering that 8.67% of iPhone owners currently sport the sleek iPhone XR. However, most users (including you) could end up selling their iPhone XR for far less than its market value.
Don’t settle for a lower iPhone XR trade-in value – use our free comparison roundup below to find today’s best online buyback store deals.
How much is a used iPhone XR worth? Well, the payouts are higher this way compared to when you trade-in your phone with Apple or other stores. Other platforms often offer store credit instead of cash, and there are fees on user-to-user marketplaces like eBay.
Our comparison service solves this problem, getting you with the highest-paying buyback stores for your iPhone XR daily.
Today's Used iPhone XR Market Value Breakdown:
The average resale market or trade-in value of a used iPhone XR is $233, with prices ranging between $76 up to $278 from the best buyback stores. Apple released the iPhone XR in 2018, but it retains a reasonable market value. Consider selling your model before the value drops with each new release.
Storage, condition, carrier, and payment methods are the primary considerations for your iPhone XR’s worth.
- Storage size: The iPhone XR is available in 64 GB, 128 GB, and 256 GB models. More storage capacity amounts to a higher pre-owned market value.
- Condition: You can sell your iPhone in mint condition, scratched, cracked screen, or with faulty software, but the value of an iPhone XR is higher the better its condition.
- Carrier Lock: If a carrier like Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, or Verizon locks your iPhone XR, the resale value drops slightly. Phones without a lock are more valuable than those tied to a network.
- Payment: You can receive funds for your iPhone X via PayPal, direct deposit, or check. When you trade-in or sell the phone at a physical store or carrier, you may receive a low store credit offer.
The iPhone XR used price varies between platforms, sometimes considerably. It’s why we compile the highest-paying buyback websites for daily comparisons so you can stay updated about the best price. We give you the most accurate quote for your device so that you can maximize the profit of your sale.
The primary factors determining the value of your phone are condition and storage size. The best-used price on your iPhone XR will vary according to whether you have a 64 GB, 128 GB, or 256 GB model. If you’ve treated your device with care and it works perfectly, you’ll receive a nice payday.
What do the conditions mean?
- Mint condition means it looks and operates like new. There are no noticeable issues with the hardware or software.
- Good condition devices work as they should but have minor wear and tear from everyday use. These phones typically have slight dings or scratches.
- A cracked screen or case means the value of your iPhone XR drops significantly. These phones may have damages, but the software should still operate optimally.
- Faulty devices might have software that doesn’t work or other problems that inhibit normal function. These faulty iPhone XRs also may not power on.
If you have been wondering about your device in the drawer at home, you can use our quick comparison service to check its current value on the used iPhone market. What is an iPhone XR worth? You’ll soon know whether your old device is worth selling in its current condition.
Our iPhone XR comparison table above reveals just how much you could be missing when you pick the wrong quote for iPhone resale. There’s still a fair market for the iPhone XR with its comfortable 6.1” screen, Qi wireless charging capabilities, and 12 MP camera.
Stores that pay cash for pre-owned devices tend to pay less than the top online buyback stores, though.
Save time and money when you sell your iPhone XR with an online buyback store. You don’t want to spend hours making advertisements and profiles only to have to deal with seller’s fees and other hurdles.
Instead, our simple comparison tool helps you find the best deal for used iPhones.
An unlocked phone is worth more. However, you’ll receive reasonable rates from AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile devices on the used iPhone market. These carriers automatically unlock customers’ phones just 60 days after purchase, which is very important to remember.
Today’s used iPhone XR value breakdown:
- Carrier Unlocked trade-ins are worth $200 to $278 on average. The best payout you’ll get is $245 for 64GB, $276 for 128GB, and $278 for 256GB.
- Verizon carrier lock trade-ins are worth $200 to $273 on average. The best payout you’ll get is $245 for 64GB, $274 for 128GB, and $273 for 256GB.
- AT&T carrier lock trade-ins are worth $170 to $280 on average. The best payout you’ll get is $235 for 64GB, $251 for 128GB, and $280 for 256GB.
- T-Mobile/Sprint carrier lock trade-ins are worth $145 to $270 on average. The best payout you’ll get is $235 for 64GB, $250 for 128GB, and $270 for 256GB.
If you did buy your phone from the carrier, you have the option not to sell it back to them. You can sell your phone anywhere, so skip the hassle of advertisements and procure the best prices online. Find the iPhone XR value you want today with our comparison service.
How Quickly Your Used iPhone XR Price Drops:
Apple released the iPhone XR for $749 in 2018, with Apple fans excited about its updated power and photography features at a lower price point. Today’s market still has room to sell the iPhone XR at reasonable rates, especially if the phone is in good or mint condition.
During the first 4 years after release, the iPhone XR will lose between 16.70% to 33.62% of its trade-in value every 12 months (on average).
On average, Apple devices follow this 4-year resale value drop:
- Year 1 avg. resale value drop: 16.70%
- Year 2 avg. resale value drop: 35.47%
- Year 3 avg. resale value drop: 57.16%
- Year 4 avg. resale value drop: 66.43%
It was a popular model for some time, but you can expect the iPhone XR price to drop significantly on the used device selling platforms from now on. A few more of these phones emerge for sale each month as the next release approaches, which is also dropping the value quicker than might have been expected.
Most retailers or trade-in stores are willing to freeze a price for you (up to 31 days), which gives you ample time to look around for a more lucrative iPhone XR sale on other platforms. If you do find a better deal, you have no obligation to sell to the original store. Shipping is also free (and if they find a fault during the testing phase that changes the quote to the one you’re not happy with, you will receive your phone back with free shipping, as well).
iPhones maintain a decent value on the used devices market for the first three years. On average, all iPhone models lost an average of 22.35% last year, but this was less than any other major smartphone provider.
Capitalize on your iPhone XR’s current price and choose the best price from our comparison service.
Sell a Financed, iCloud Locked, Blacklisted iPhone XR.
Yes, you may sell an iPhone XR at this point. Even if you still owe money on the contract, you can always sell your iPhone XR through legitimate channels. However, you will still have to settle the remaining balance on the iPhone XR if you sell it (like other debts). Why not get a quote here and pay off the contract with the value of your phone?
If you want to sell iPhone XR with money owed, get a quote here:
The locked iPhone XR selling price will be a little lower than the price for an iPhone that doesn’t have any sort of lock on it. However, you can still sell locked devices using the stores listed here, take passcode/password, and Apple iCloud locked devices.
If you want to sell iCloud locked XR, get a quote here:
Yes, it is possible if you know where to look for buyers. Even if a phone has a bad electronic serial number (ESN), you can still sell it for a reduced price on the open market. Check our comparison tables for more information on the best blacklisted iPhone XR trade-in values today.
If you want to sell a blacklisted or bad ESN iPhone XR, get a quote here:
Conclusion: Getting the Most Money for Your Old iPhone XR
If you are an iPhone XR owner, now is the time to sell. You can find the best trade-in value of iPhone XR models in any condition with our handy comparison service.
Carrier buyback offers often have boosters available, which are valuable when you plan to buy a new phone with the earnings from selling your old device. When you shop with us, you save time and earn more money for your pre-owned devices.
Don’t lose money with buyback kiosks or ATMs. Stay away from big box stores with low ball quotes, and be aware that online marketplaces charge fees for listing your device, like eBay. If you do want to sell your own device, Swappa is more reasonable if a buyback store isn’t for you.
Make the most of your iPhone XR and shop around for favorable prices on our daily comparison service. You will be able to see your trade-in price alongside the top offers currently online. All you need to do is choose the best option to maximize your profits.