Best iPhone 11 Used Price: How Much is an iPhone 11 Worth Now? (July 2021)
Compare Your iPhone 11 Resale Values
- Whether you’re upgrading your device or looking for a change, your old iPhone 11 is valuable. How much is a used iPhone 11 worth?
- In this market, not comparing offers could lose you $221.46, but our comparison research below will find you the best deal for your used iPhone 11.
- Find out where to get the most money from buyback websites, in-store trade-ins, carrier deals, and private marketplaces.
Over 18% of iPhone users own an iPhone 11, 11 Pro, or 11 Pro Max. Together, these models represent the third most popular iPhones on the market. Many iPhone fans upgrade their phones as a new model emerges, rarely keeping their devices for longer than two years.
By accepting the trade-in value of an iPhone 11 offered by a carrier or electronics store, you receive far less for it than you could by selling to an online buyback company or marketplace. Even Apple’s trade-in program will offer you a lower used iPhone 11 price than you could receive by using a reputable online buyback store.
These buyback stores make finding the best price for your used iPhone 11 easy. The team here collects prices and quotes from different companies to enable you to compare the figures at a glance.
How Much is an iPhone 11 Worth?
Today's Used iPhone 11 Market Value Breakdown:
The average resale or trade-in value of a used iPhone 11 is $414.45, with prices ranging between $315.00 and $480.00 from the best buyback stores in this table.
Today's Used iPhone 11 Pro Market Value Breakdown:
Released the same year, the Pro models get you a higher trade-in value. A used iPhone 11 Pro is worth anywhere between $390.00 and $615.39, with an average release market value of $521.71.
Today's Used iPhone 11 Pro Max Market Value Breakdown:
While the larger iPhone 11 Pro Max is worth $643.54 on average, with prices ranging between $651.41 and $721.46 from the best buyback stores in this table.
The iPhone 11 was released in September 2019. Understandably, the iPhone 11 value drops each year. At one year old, the iPhone 11 resale value is excellent. The price remains suitable for two to three years, but returns fall considerably at four or more years.
Once the used iPhone 11 price plummets, most stores will no longer be interested in buying them from you.
Here are some considerations when selling an iPhone 11:
- Storage size. The iPhone 11 used price rises as the storage capacity doubles from 64GB to 128GB and again to 256GB.
- Condition. No matter the state of your iPhone 11, you can sell it. A mint condition iPhone 11 resale value is the highest, followed closely by iPhones in reasonable condition. iPhones with cracked screens attract lower prices, while faulty software or hardware are worth even less.
- Carrier. An unlocked iPhone means it isn’t carrier configured. It sells outright for more than an iPhone locked into a network, and the value of locked phones varies by carrier.
- Payment. Online buyback stores commonly buy iPhones via direct debit, PayPal, or check. Carriers or stores pay less and with restrictive store credit.
The iPhone 12 release has done nothing to impact the extreme popularity of the iPhone 11 / 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max. The two phones share many features, including the IOS 14 operating system, wireless charging, Face ID technology, and a 60hz display. The iPhone 11’s battery even lasts an hour longer.
Condition Quotes: iPhone 11 Best Used Price
|11 - 64GB||$440||$430||$300||$113|
|11 - 128GB||$461||$451||$330||$117|
|11 - 256GB||$481||$477||$350||$123|
|11 Pro - 64GB||$556||$551||$350||$140|
|11 Pro - 256GB||$550||$535||$390||$145|
|11 Pro - 512GB||$575||$545||$410||$158|
|11 Pro Max - 64GB||$620||$611||$400||$162|
|11 Pro Max - 256GB||$661||$657||$475||$175|
|11 Pro Max - 512GB||$675||$670||$505||$184|
The trade-in value of the iPhone 11 depends on factors like storage size and condition. Storage size options include 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB for the standard base model, while the iPhone 11 Pro / Pro Max have 64GB, 256GB and 512GB as standard.
In a nutshell, the more the storage capacity, the higher the iPhone 11 resale value.
Online buyback stores will purchase any used iPhone 11 in the following condition:
What do the conditions mean?
- Mint condition: The iPhone has been used but still looks and functions as new. A mint condition 11/11 Pro will have no dents, marks, or scratches. It commands the highest possible resale price.
- Good condition: A used 11/11 Pro is in good condition if it functions well and has only minor marks and scratches to suggest it isn’t new. An 11/11 Pro in decent shape will still fetch a good price.
- Cracked screen or case: If an iPhone has a broken screen or case but works well without software or hardware problems, you can still sell it. The value of this 11/11 Pro is only slightly lower.
- Faulty: A malfunctioning 11/11 Pro no longer operates correctly and sells at the lowest value. It might not power on, or it could have bugs in the software. Perhaps, the hardware no longer works or requires repairs before the sale.
A recent study found that 74% of iPhone damages happen when the phone drops or falls out of bags or pockets. When phones hit hard surfaces, screens crack, and cases can dent, causing hardware problems. Some 39% represented a plunge into water, which sometimes stops the phone from working altogether.
Resale Market Comparison: Best iPhone 11 Trade-in Values
The table above illustrates how expensive it can be to pick the wrong offer.
The superior features of the iPhone 11 mean it holds value better than many other brands that released smartphones around the same time.
For next-generation smart HDR, the iPhone 11 sports dual wide-angle cameras and a host of state-of-the-art effects. These benefits raise the iPhone 11 selling price considerably, especially through an online buyback store that wins you the best value for it.
Alternative offers are less exciting:
When is the best time to sell your old iPhone 11 to a carrier? Around the launch of a new phone. There are sure to be incentives offered to entice customers to upgrade, but even within these short windows, an online buyback store will probably find you a better price.
Your Carrier & How it Impacts Your iPhone 11 Resale Value
|11 - 64GB||$440||$440||$450||$340||$351|
|11 - 128GB||$461||$461||$477||$370||$371|
|11 - 256GB||$481||$481||$441||$413||$417|
|11 Pro - 64GB||$556||$556||$525||$480||$481|
|11 Pro - 256GB||$573||$573||$535||$495||$496|
|11 Pro - 512GB||$599||$599||$553||$515||$526|
|11 Pro Max - 64GB||$620||$620||$635||$535||$535|
|11 Pro Max - 256GB||$661||$661||$700||$590||$590|
|11 Pro Max - 512GB||$675||$675||$630||$595||$600|
iPhone 11s purchased outright cost more. However, buyers are not locked into a carrier service contract, so the resale value is higher.
If you bought your iPhone 11 from a carrier, you don’t have to resell it there. You can sell a locked phone to anyone, but it may fetch a lower return. If your carrier is AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon, the phone automatically unlocks 60 days after purchase.
Today’s used iPhone 11 Pro value breakdown:
- Carrier Unlocked trade-ins are worth $390.00 to $615.39 on average. You’ll get $568.45 for 64GB, $589.46 for 256GB, and $615.39 for 512GB.
- Verizon carrier lock trade-ins are worth $385.00 to $619.00 on average. You’ll get $572.00 for 64GB, $593.00 for 256GB, and $619.00 for 512GB.
- AT&T carrier lock trade-ins are worth $346.00 to $590.00 on average. You’ll get $545.00 for 64GB, $571.00 for 256GB, and $590.00 for 512GB.
- T-Mobile/Sprint carrier lock trade-ins are worth $323.00 to $564.00 on average. You’ll get $510.40 for 64GB, $530.42 for 256GB, and $564.00 for 512GB.
Before selling your iPhone 11, there are a few simple steps you should take to protect your private data and other information. It may include signing out of sites and apps, removing your SIM card, saving or transferring data streams, and ensuring private information isn’t available to the new owner.
How Quickly Your Used iPhone 11 Price Drops
Apple phones do not depreciate as quickly as other smartphone brands, but your iPhone price (used) still drops the longer you own it. The release price was $699 for the iPhone 11, $999 for the iPhone 11 Pro, and $1099 for the iPhone 11 Pro Max.
During the first 4 years after release, an iPhone 11 will lose between 16.70% to 33.62% of its trade-in value every 12 months (on average).
On average, Apple devices follow this 4-year resale value drop:
- Year 1 avg. resale value drop: 16.70%
- Year 2 avg. resale value drop: 35.47%
- Year 3 avg. resale value drop: 57.16%
- Year 4 avg. resale value drop: 66.43%
The time from the release is a critical factor in the iPhone 11’s resale value; the launch of newer models can tank the iPhone 11 resale value.
The first three months following a new iPhone release can see monthly depreciation rates more than triple.
If you choose a trade-in offer instead, online buyback stores allow you to lock in a price for 7 to 31 days while you shop for a better deal. Price locks happen to be risk-free, freeing you of any obligation to complete the sale.
When you decide on a final offer, the shipping is free. If the phone has a price-lowering fault, it can also be returned to you free of charge.
Sell a Financed, iCloud Locked, Blacklisted iPhone 11
Yes, carriers finance phone sales by signing you up for an unsecured credit line. This doesn’t stop you from selling the iPhone before finishing your payment plan. You will still owe that amount to the carrier, but you can also choose to repay it with cash from the phone sale.
If you want to sell iPhone 11 with money owed, get a quote here:
Yes. Some buyback companies will still purchase your device if it’s password/passcode or iCloud locked. Apple’s verification services could help you recover your password. Nevertheless, if you’re struggling with that, then it’s easy just to sell it to a trusted trade-in store listed here or use companies like DoulCi that have programs to bypass locked iPhone security.
If you want to sell iCloud locked 11, get a quote here:
Yes, you can, although a blacklisted iPhone 11 with bad ESNs deters buyers like carriers, in-store trade-ins, and private listing sites. We have found some trusted online buyback stores that will still purchase these phones. However, the trade-in value of an iPhone 11 that has been blacklisted can be worth slightly lower than for regular iPhones.
If you want to sell a blacklisted or bad ESN iPhone 11, get a quote here:
Conclusion: Getting the Most Money for Your Old iPhone 11
Comparing trade-in prices for your iPhone 11 here will save time and earn up to twice the amount you would find at an electronics store or carrier.
If you’re buying a new phone, sometimes stores and carriers offer generous trade-in terms to promote a favored brand. If you have the time, you can create an advertisement or auction your phone, but watch out for host platform fees that quickly cut into profits.
There are many ways to sell your old iPhone 11. However, only a reputable online buyback store like ours will grant you what the iPhone 11 is worth.
The iPhone 11 remains Apple’s best-selling iPhone, but models that are sure to topple it from this lofty position are on the way, including the iPhone SE Plus. While it’s popular, your iPhone 11 is a valuable asset. Timing is essential when selling your old iPhone 11—don’t wait long.