Compare Your Apple Watch Series 7 Resale Values
|Compare Resale Market Prices|
|* Best market prices updated September 23rd 2023|
Apple Watch Series 7 is the succeeding model of the Apple Watch Series 6 and Apple Watch SE. It was released with features like the Blood Oxygen app, fall detection, and Family Setup.
You may want to sell your used Apple Watch Series 7 to upgrade to newer models from a different brand, or you want extra cash to buy other Apple products. This article will inform you how much a used Apple Watch Series 7 is worth now, depending on its condition and the model you own.
Below is the summary of the buyback options we compared to give you an idea of the best place to sell your Apple watches.
- Online Buyback Stores (e.g., BankMyCell) – offer the highest cash payout plus free shipping and return.
- Carriers (e.g., Verizon) – offer various payment options like in-store trade-in credit and PayPal, but offers are lower than buyback stores.
- Buyback Stores (e.g., Best Buy and GameStop) – you can sell your Apple device in-store or ship your item to them in exchange for gift cards or store credit.
- Marketplaces (e.g., Swappa and eBay) – you can get a better price here, but you will still have to go through a little hassle in listing to sell it to consumers.
Selling your Apple Watch model to online buyback stores is the best option as trading it into carriers and other stores, including Apple stores, can result in losses of up to 27% of the market value.
How Much is an Apple Watch Series 7 Worth?
Today's Used Apple Watch Series 7 Market Value Breakdown
The best buyback shops will buy the old Apple Watch Series 7 for between $138.00 and $210.50, with the average resale or trade-in value being $182.58.
|Apple Watch Series 7 Resale Market Prices|
|* Best market prices updated September 23rd 2023|
- Apple Watch Series 7 was released last October 2021, featuring a more robust crack-resistant front crystal, reengineered Always-On Retina display, ECG app, Blood Oxygen sensor, and 18-hour battery life. Additionally, it is designed to be water-resistant with a sustained WR50 grade and dust-resistant with IP6X certification.
- Apple Watch Series 7, Apple’s latest smartwatch as of July 2022, will have a better trade-in value than older Apple watch models. However, the price will still vary based on several factors, including whether it is still in good condition, has connectivity, and more.
The considerations listed below will give you an idea of how to get the best deal and make more money.
The Apple Watch Series 7 value varies in connectivity. Some models offer cellular service and GPS (Global Positioning System), while others solely have GPS.
The distinction between the two is that with GPS + Cellular, you can send and receive messages, make calls, and do other activities via the Apple Watch directly, whereas GPS (Wi-Fi Only) requires that you are close to your iPhone to do most of these functions.
- GPS + Cellular – will give you a better deal because of the additional functionality.
- GPS (Wi-Fi Only) – offers a lower price than GPS and Cellular technologies models.
There are just two case sizes available for the Apple Watch Series 7. Look for the box of your Apple watch or measure it diagonally from corner to corner to ensure you have the correct size.
They usually all come with a one-size Nike band that fits 140 to 210mm wrists.
- 45mm – will give you the higher offer because of the bigger screen size.
- 41mm – which will offer you a lower offer than the largest size.
The casing materials are as follows:
- Titanium – has the highest offer as it comes with a brushed finish that hides scratches.
- Stainless steel – costs lower than titanium but higher than aluminum.
- Aluminum – will get you the lowest price relative to the two materials.
Your Apple Watch value will depend on the essential factor: condition. Your Apple watch must be in good condition with no broken screen and software issues to get the best price. You can still sell it even if it is defective or has slight damage in some stores but at a lower price.
It would be good if you also compared each store’s payment options. You can go straight to a buyback company like BankMyCell if you need cash on hand and you want to secure high-price offers. You may also trade in your Apple Watch at stores that give trade-in credit if you’re going to upgrade to a new device.
It can be challenging to determine your Apple Watch Series 7 selling price as you need to go through searching to find out how much a used Apple Watch makes when you resell it. We make it easier and help you save time by comparing the prices and services buyback stores offer in one view.
- Buyback stores – have PayPal, direct deposit, or checks as payment options.
- In-store trade-in – mainly offer gift cards or store credits for your devices.
Condition Quotes: Apple Watch Series 7 Best Used Price
For this section, we discuss more on how the Apple Watch trade-in value is affected by the condition it is in. We will also provide you with an overview of the different condition categorizations so you can accurately evaluate your device.
Stores use the following categorizations to determine the condition of your device:
- Mint condition – everything is in perfect working order, and there are no scratches or issues with the display, screen area, and straps.
- Good condition – the device is functional and in good shape with only minor flaws like small scratches.
- Damaged condition – the Apple Watch has dents, a cracked screen, or some broken glass, but the device remains functional with no software issues.
- Faulty condition – the watch has dents and cracks and won’t switch on. The device might no longer be functional.
Resale Market Comparison: Best Apple Watch Series 7 Trade-in Values
You may be confused about where to trade in your Apple Watch, as many options exist. So we compared the top market platforms and composed a summary for each category to make it easier for you to decide.
GPS + Cellular: How it Impacts Your Apple Watch Series 7 Resale Value
Apple Watches were introduced with various functions for wellness purposes, shallow water activities, general fitness, medical use, and connectivity.
Some models are exclusively equipped with GPS (Wi-Fi Only), while others have GPS + Cellular technology features.
If your Apple Watch comes with GPS + Cellular, you will be paid more than the GPS (Wi-Fi Only) versions. Make sure your carrier finance payments are paid off if you didn’t pay for your device via one-time payment.
How quickly your Apple Watch Series 7 loses value
The Apple Watch Series 7 initially retailed for $399 and $499, depending on the model, in October 2021. Today, its price is $210.50, and it will continue to drop over the next few days, especially when a new model comes in.
So trade in your used Apple Watch as early as you can to get a better value for it. Do not worry, as BankMyCell allows you to lock the price for about a month without sending the device yet.
Additionally, you can still get your Apple Watch back if they offer a lower value due to a fault found in testing.
Conclusion: The Bottom Line on Selling a Series 7
Rely on our comparison guide if you want to obtain the maximum offer and get the most value for your old Apple Watch. You might earn more than anticipated once you know its actual market value.
More importantly, it will save you time because we have already done extensive research to provide you with the best offers in the best stores.
As of writing this article, the Apple Store does not accept trade-ins for Apple Watch Series 7. But even then, they often pay considerably less than our carefully chosen retailers. Other stores such as Gamestop and Best Buy also have buyback programs but may offer lower cash payments.
Alternatively, you can try making an advertisement or auctioning it off on websites like eBay and Swappa to earn a better price. However, it would be good if you considered whether it would be worthwhile since it requires more effort and the websites have service fees.